- A Girl on the Trainsby aanchal jainThey stood in line, a single file, starting from the top step of the train and extending to the middle of the 120-sleeper bogey. All of them had at leastContinue reading “A Girl on the Trains”
- Know Your Editor!by aanchal jainHi, I’m Aanchal. I’m here to help you tell your story to the world. I’m here so that the name you have scribbled at the end of your story canContinue reading “Know Your Editor!”
- First Draft: Don’t Get Stuckby aanchal jainSteps to follow after writing your first draft.
- Be Sure of the Kind of Editing Your Fiction Manuscript Needsby aanchal jainA lot of new authors as well as veteran authors feel stuck and without direction after completing their first drafts. The general consensus on writing and literary blogs is to self edit, send to beta readers, and collaborate with Professional Editors. But what kind of editing does your manuscript need? If you are not sure, take a look at this simple breakdown of different types of editing to ease the overwhelming feeling.
- Beta Reading: Should You Skip It?by aanchal jainMost of you know what beta readers are and what they do for an author. But do you know what value they add to your manuscript? Do you know how to make the best of your beta’s suggestions? Do you know where to find your right fit? This 5-minute read will tell you all!
- Write Dialogue that Engages, Emotes, and Entertains: The Do’s and Don’tsby aanchal jainAlways get to the dialogue as soon as possible. I always feel the thing to go for is speed. Nothing puts the reader off more than a big slab ofContinue reading “Write Dialogue that Engages, Emotes, and Entertains: The Do’s and Don’ts”
• • •
Subscribe to my newsletter for updates on self-editing resources. We only share quarterly newsletters and keep your inbox unflooded!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)